Spiga

Water Fasting: Second 14 Day Water Fast Results & Thoughts.

The 2nd 14 day water fast brought about much improvement. The back story to this 2nd 14-day water fast was, I think, that my body actually forced me into it. I was coming down with TMJ syndrome 2 days prior to it. My right jaw was hurting. At the time, I thought it'll just go away. The pain was bearable like that of a headache.

By the second day, it was hurting that I was constantly rubbing the right side of my face. I couldn't eat, and I couldn't open my jaw wide to eat. And by the night, it was hurting so bad I couldn't sleep and started crying. I was crying with the combination of pain and being scared about not being able to open my mouth wide ever again or for a very long time, maybe years.

Since I couldn't eat, I decided to fast. Why not, right? Unlike my 1st 14-day water fast, I rested a lot, I was very weak, and I was very upset and scared. Throughout the fast, I kept wondering whether I would ever get my energy back including a few days after my fast as well, because I still couldn't walk very far. My energy was that low. My jaw still couldn't open wide. Other than losing weight, I was seriously thinking about whether there were any benefits to the fast.

If I knew about how I would be now after the fast, I wouldn't have been worried or scared. I'm so happy with the results of the fast. Here are just some:


Cravings.
They're still there -- mentally. When I actually eat though, it's a different story. I'll have a couple of bites, and I'm full. If it wasn't for wanting to finish what was on my plate, I would stop eating! I could last on a smoothie (like this morning) consisting of one fruit, and I would fill fulfilled, food-wise, for a couple of hours.

Body Circulation. Feeling Cold.
My brother drove me to the metro this morning. He asked if I was going to walk there, and I was thinking "yeah. why not?" But ok, I gave him a simple "yeah." He told me to pack up and that he would drive me, because it was cold. Seriously, I could walk out with a tshirt and jeans and feel okay now. I no longer need at least 3 layers on top with a coat, by the way, and 2 layers on the bottom to feel warm now.

Parasites.
I didn't use an enema throughout my fast. Actually, I used an enema once during my lifetime, and it wasn't very successful. One time during my fast, I expelled some kind of critter in the toilet. It was little. About an inch and width the size of drawing a 1" line with a pencil. Although it was little, I could see the head and legs. There were lots of legs.

TMJ Syndrome. I'm not saying the fast cured it, but I'm going to share my experience. I didn't take any medication during my fast. NONE. There were many concerns from the family. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" "You hold her, I'll hold her nose, and you shove the medicine down her throat." "Oh hell. She's never going to be my doctor. She'll just tell me to drink some water and add lime." Throughout all the comments, no medication came near me.

All I did was apply a cold wet cloth to the right side of my cheek. I kept re-applying it until I felt asleep. After the pain was gone for a couple of days, I started applying a heat pad to the right side of my cheek and doing jaw exercises. 2 weeks and a couple of days later, I can open my jaws wide again, although I was chewing with the left side of my jar. A couple more days after that, I could chew with the right side of my jaw, too.