Spiga

Not Having Always Completed A Water Fast

My weakest point of the day is at night and especially when I'm home. Cravings are intense. It's right at this time where I always broke a fast. It wasn't special outtings with my family or friends that breaks my will to fast. It was being alone with myself at night.

I kept trying to fast. Maybe I'll break it that very day or the next day. The first few days are always the toughest. I'm not only fighting a habit of eating at night, but the physiological urge to just eat even though I'm not really hungry is there, too. I kept going.

For a while, it was a vicious cycle. I would be hopeful, and then I would hate myself when I broke the fast. It was awful. Besides the negative psychological love/hate I was dealing myself, I'm very thankful my body has injured what it has. I never gained weight passed a certain point regardless, and I never got really sick. Well, besides the TMJ syndrome I came down with prior to my second 14 day water fast.

I considered transitioning to a water fast, but I couldn't wrap my mind into transitioning. So I kept trying. Kept failing. Finally, one day, I did it. Then, the next day, I did it again. After the first 3-5 days, it didn't require much will power. I was at day 14 and broke the water fast.

It happened. I didn't think it would, although I kept trying. It happened.