Spiga

Pre-Thanksgiving Water Fast -- Completed!

As mentioned in a previous post, I began water fasting on Thursday. I will be breaking it some time today, Monday. It's 10:49am, and I haven't ate anything yet. My head and eyes are throbbing a little, and I'm freezing!

It's likely I won't have anything to eat until I get home later today. Perhaps around 9:00 pm. On my way home, I'll stop by a local Asian market to pick up some fruits.

I don't think there's any food in my fridge! Quick tip for water fasting: don't keep any tempting food at home, but do keep emergency foods that will build up your electrolytes in case fasting must be terminated for health reasons.

Although I want to continue this fast, I know it's not ideal to fast until Thanksgiving. I would be putting myself in a very dangerous situation where my digestion has halted for days, and suddenly, I'm feasting on Thanksgiving!

Which is why even though I'm not hungry, I'm going to either juice or blend a fruit tonight to break my fast, take a warm bath, listen to an audio book and go to bed.

Right after Thanksgiving, I'll be diving into fasting again. My goal is to go beyond 14 days until my body shows signs that I should stop.