I've decided when to start my prolonged (more than 14 days) water fast -- Thursday, Nov. 20, 2008.
It's going to be cut short, but I'll be picking right back up after Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, I know it doesn't sound like starting a prolonged fast.
Since I was so indecisive about starting Thursday or after Thanksgiving, I decided to meet the two choices in the middle. I will start on Thursday. Since I have a feeling I will not be able to dodge Thanksgiving with the family, I will break the fast on Monday (before Thanksgiving) on juices & smoothies which will give me three days to help my body with building its digestive capacity again before Thanksgiving dinner.
After dinner, I will pick up where I left off with the water fast for 14 days more, and then be attentive to how many more days my body would like to go afterwards.