Spiga

After Thanksgiving Water Fast -- Day 14

I'm finally on day 14. The purpose of this fast is for me to go beyond 14 days. All I have to do is complete day 15, and my purpose would be accomplished. Yet, I’m likely to go beyond 15 days.

Like my previous 14 day fasts though, my hunger hasn't returned, and my tongue still has a thick mucous coating on it. I'm very curious as to what I will experience if I were to break my fast only when hunger returns or when my tongue returns to its pink color.

Mood
On day 7, I had posted about feeling down throughout the fast. My mood have definitely lifted these past few days. I actually faced a problem this morning, solved it, and it’s barely affecting me now a couple of hours later. I remember when I had a similar problem. Even after I had solved it, I was still replaying the situation in my head at least 2 days later.

Body Pain
The only pain I have now is in my neck. Other than, the headaches and eye aches are gone.

Vision
My vision seems to be improving. I’m -4 in one eye and -5 in the other with astigmatism. I almost left home without my glasses. I didn’t even notice not having them on!

Weight loss
I didn’t weigh myself everyday. On my first day, I was 135lbs and today I’m 118lbs. My brother and I went to the store last night, and my pants were practically sliding off my butt. Luckily, I had a big coat on. So hopefully, it just looked like I had baggy pants on.

Since I’m still fasting, and I’m not sure about what my weight will be after the fast. Although from my previous fasts, I gained at most 5 lbs back due to eating mostly a raw vegan diet, this fast is much longer. So I’m not sure how much weight I’ll gain back.

I don’t think I’ll buy any new clothes. I may stop by a thrift shop for some temporary bottoms. My tops seem ok, although they currently look like dresses on me right now.