Spiga

After Thanksgiving Water Fast -- Day 7

I haven’t had one “ON” day during this fast yet. I’ve been feeling horrible throughout it. My focus and concentration is blurred, and I’m extremely lethargic.

Managing Difficult Situations In My Life
It feels like a completely different fast from my previous ones so far. It’s most likely because during each of my fast, the situations in my life have been very different, and my ability to manage them have changed as well.

Imagine starting a new project. You’re very excited and hopeful. You work at it full force. As time passes, you don’t see any measurable results from the project. Your enthusiasm for it begins to dwindle.

The analogy is similar to the difficult situations in my life. When I first encountered them, I went at them full force. With time, I’m fine with them. With more time, I’m wondering “when do they stop?”

With difficult situations in my life, my emotions are much more intense which are only intensified while fasting. I’m tempted to go and handle the situations first and then begin fasting again. I’m weary that doing so will just put off being more healthy to a tomorrow that may never come.

Difficult situations are not the problem. It’s realizing how much I have to grow and accepting where I am.

Sleep
I’m still sleeping frequently. Every time I pop in a CD book, I fall asleep within 30 minutes. So now I set an alarm that automatically shuts off my laptop in 30 minutes.

When I resist sleeping, I have an intense urge to eat in order to stay awake. I feel really useless sleeping this much. Since my health is more important, I think I’ll give in to the sleep while fasting. I can always be active after the fast.

Music
There’s a song I really enjoy and have been playing it non-stop. The song is a sweet ballad, but it does make me sad. Today, I’ve stopped listening to it and am now listening to a CD I know doesn’t evoke negative emotions in me. I love music.