Spiga

Water Fast -- Day 40

Holiday Water Fasting Progress Overview

First of, I'm fine. I completely forgot that my last blog post was on the negative side, and I haven't updated my blog in a while. I did update my experience on a few fasting threads relaying that I'm pass the emotional detox for now.

Not only have I been busy during the holidays, I'm working on improving my writing. I've kept a full detail of this fasting experience in my personal journal. And some time later, I'm going to share it with everyone once I edit the journal for more clarity.

Fasting and Family's Reaction
For this fast, I decided not to tell my family. I'm not really keeping it a secret, but it's just not something I feel like announcing. I've been on a natural health journey for so long that something like fasting is akin to having my period. I wouldn't necessarily tell my family I'm on my period. They would just know, when they see female sanitary napkins in the trash.

They do know that I'm fasting, and I'm not sure if they're supportive, but they're definitely not opposed to it now. Based on my prior fasts, their main fear is that I'll die or get extremely sick. And it helps that neither happened. In fact, I immediately fasted one time after having TMJ symptoms. The symptoms went away a few days after I terminated a 14 day water fast, and that's without any anti-inflammatory meds, prescribed or over the counter, without a visit to a allopathic or naturupathic health practioner.

Besides, my life is mine. My family can't stop me from doing anything. I'm responsible for my own choices. I understand that they're worried, because they love me. Sometimes I have to be allowed to make my own mistakes, and I'm glad water fasting is not one of those mistakes.

Fasting and Exercise
Fasting without exercise is the most detoxing cleansing method a body can partake. Exercise actually slows down the detox. Energy towards cleaning the body is reserved for external activities. The body is very intelligent and adapts. If you want a deep internal cleanse, don't exercise. If you have to work, go to school or do anything else that requires energy, your cleanse will not be as intense as fasting and resting, but some cleansing and repair will still be done.

For this fast, I've been walking miles for days. I'm doing so for a few reasons. One being that I don't want my body to think it can expend all my energy towards body cleansing and healing. I want some of that energy for daily activities. Second, I just love being outdoors, breathing the fresh air and walking. Third, walking miles per day, I get to bump into people. I like being around people and observing them. I really like walking everywhere. If it wasn't for my fear of getting run over by a car in busy intersections, I would walk more. I happen to live in the city. Recently, I went to the store with my baby brother to buy water, we saw at least 4 Hummers in one side of the parking lot.

Fasting and Social Life
Everyone's used to their own scent. During the initial days of fasting, I can smell my stinky self. Now I'm pretty immune. My mom's pretty honest. She says I stink, but she links her arms to mine as we walk towards the airport while sending my uncle off this pass weekend. In fact, many people come up to talk to me. All the while, I feel self cautious, because I'm aware of my detox odor. People come up to me anyway to start conversations. I step back. They come closer. I step further back. They come in for a tight hug.

During this fast, I've felt like being alone a lot, although I also like being around a lot of people, too.

Fasting and Quick Weightloss
I've shared this information with a online fasting group. I'm 5'4" and under 100 lbs. I've stopped weighing myself, because I think I might freak out if I go under a certain number. I'm well aware I've lost a lot of weight. Per my mind, I'd like to be around 100-110 lbs. I'll just see how my body goes and trust in the fasting process.

This is the first time I'm fasting for more than 14 days. On prior 14 days fast, I would gain back at most 5lbs. the weight I lost. After I lost weight from a fast and gained at most 5lbs., I would not budge from that weight no matter how much I ate. My body always goes back to that weight as if every fast resets the weight where no matter how much I ate, I wouldn't budge from it.

For example, I was 150lbs. I can eat all the fattening food to my heart's content, and I just wouldn't budge from that weight. There are a few days I'd go over at most 5 lbs. for whatever reason. My weight would just go back to 150 lbs. after a few days without even trying. After that, I was 134 lbs., same story. Then, I was 120 lbs. and so on. After each fast, it's as if my "hard to budge no matter what" weight is reset.